We do. Here it is on behalf of a great many Americans: We’re sorry.
We thought he was just a two bit punk with a remarkable gift of oratory.
It seemed obvious: commie dad, hippie mom, Chicago community organizer, history of shady deals (including wife’s $350,000/yr. non-job), hanging out with obscure mad bombers, 20 years of Sundays listening to a rabid lunatic, never had a job, never created anything. All he did was talk.
So we made a mistake. He’s not a two-bit punk. He’s much more than that. In just three and half years in the oval office, he has managed to:
• Polarize the country with a brilliant reverse-Alinksy strategy. Instead of isolating the enemy, it isolates single-issue groups with grievances which he then gathers into his arms and coddles. Oh, he still does the straight-Alinsky thing, too, but now it’s part of a double whammy;
• Build on the lunacy of his most destructively dirigiste predecessors: Wilson, FDR and LBJ;
• Destroy our relationships with long-standing allies;
• Appoint dozens of czars and balloon the bureaucracy in order to regulate us to near standstill;
• Ignore the Constitution so now he, his czars and his vast armies of regulators rule us by whim;
• Get us into crushing, ruinous debt with nothing to show for it;
• Begin stripping our most abundant and efficient sources of energy while fiddling amateurishly but at great cost with idiotically inefficient sources;
• Form an axis-of-evil alliance between government and bigBIG business;
• Focus on government control of health care which effectively gives government control of everything we do;
• Appoint two supremely unqualified lock-step justices to the Supreme Court – and then mock the Court;
• Fight all efforts to control the human flow across our borders;
• Allow horrifying critters like Eric Holder, Kathleen Sebelius and Cass Sunstein to serve as unfettered dictators.
In just three and a half years he has brought the great United States of America to its knees. All that remains is that last little push to tip us into the abyss and we’re done. America will die broke and helpless.
This is not the work of a two-bit punk. This is the work of a genius. This is a man whose monument will be the destruction of the greatest free country in history.
So we are sorry, very, very sorry. We underestimated him.